Okay it’s been over a week since I joined, but since I started posting late, here’s Day 3.
I started today after a three day break due to the weekend and stop weather. As I entered, Sixen had just brought in a Peugeot 3008 from the yard. We were assigned to repair the turbocharger. What seemed like a simple job (only the dump valve had to be replaced), took over 2 hours as we quickly found out that the turbocharger’s chutes were leaking and the entire thing needed replacing. Fortunately, the car was still under warranty, else it would have cost the owner a pretty penny. So, I replaced the dump valve while Sixen performed the more complex repairs and we were good to go by around 12.00 noon. We then filled out the particulars of the repairs performed on the vehicle’s job card and soon left for our lunch break.
We returned an hour later to find a Peugeot 307 requiring our attention. We quickly repaired the car’s radio and moved on to the other repairs. Soon, we realized that this car required a complete BSI checkup and fault diagnosis. So, I brought the repairs laptop along and off we were. By about 3 pm, we were done. Soon after, my father arrived and I left with him.
Here are a couple of pictures from today.